Choose below from New, Rebuilt, or Used TIPMs, or Repair Services for your 2005 Dodge RAM TIPM. Some model year vehicles may have more than one version of TIPM. Verify that the numeric digits in the part number shown match your vehicle’s original TIPM. If unsure, call us with your VIN# ready.
Special Notes on this Vehicle
- The 2005 Dodge RAM SRT-10 is an exceptionally rare vehicle. Less than 4,100 model year 2005 SRT-10’s were manufactured.
- It utilizes an 8-Liter, 10-cylinder Viper engine, and requires a special IPM unique to the SRT-10, part number, 68005477
- Chrysler has discontinued support for the Dodge SRT-10 truck. As, such, obtaining a replacement IPM on the open market has become nearly impossible.
- In 2002 – 2005 RAM trucks, the fuse & relay box is actually referred to as an “IPM”.
- Attached to the side of all IPMs is a separate, detachable, pop-tart sized metallic device, called the FCM, which has its own part number.
- In almost all problem cases, it is the IPM that is at fault. Common symptoms include rear external lights issues, trailer lights, headlamp issues, signal issues, and being stuck in a lower gear (limp mode), although many other electrical system faults can also occur.
- The overwhelming majority of IPM failures are caused by corrosion that begins on the IPM circuit board in a few very predictable locations. A poor case design that allows moisture, road salts, etc to reach the circuit board and damage the traces is the culprit.
- Replacement IPMs for the 2004 – 2005 RAM SRT-10, while scarce, are based on the same IPM architecture in other RAM trucks from those model years. MAK’s specializes in repairing any IPM problems of that design, and can repair your SRT-10 IPM as part of our Total IPM Overhaul Service.