Most people want to install the TIPM themselves. It’s easy, it should only take you 20 minutes, and will save you hundreds of dollars over a dealer install. If so, watch the video below and call MAKS at 818-798-5558 9am – 5pm Pacific time (weekdays), and 8am – 2pm Pacific (weekends), if you have any questions or encounter any complications.
Some people lack the tools, skills, or physical mobility to do anything under the hood themselves. If so, click the “I Need Assistance” tab for a list of MAKS’ trusted TIPM installers in your area that will install it at a fair price and that have the full backing and support of MAKS, 7-days-a-week, to ensure successful installation.
how to remove & install your tipm (fuse box) & hard reset
Watch this video before swapping your old TIPM with a newly purchased one. If you need help self-installing, call MAKS at 1-818-798-5558
how to swap pins (a.k.a wires) in tipm connector plugs
Customer Trouble shooting Scenario with Mak
TIPM TIPS #1: WIPERS & HEADLIGHTS STUCK ON AT THE SAME TIME
TIPM TIPS #2: IF SOFT RESET FAILS
TIPM TIPS #3: IF CLUSTER LIGHTS ARE ON
TIPM TIPS #4: LIMP MODE
TIPM TIPS #5: RESTORE VEHICLE CONFIGURATION
FIND A TRUSTWORTHY MECHANIC / SHOP
TO INSTALL THE TIPM FOR YOU
This is a good option if you simply cannot or do not want to undertake to install the TIPM yourself. You may still save hundreds of dollars over a dealer installation.
All of the Installers shown below:
- Have experience working with MAKS to successfully install TIPMs and have MAKS technical backing & support 7 days a week.
- Employ at least one full-time ASE-certified Mechanic
- Have established a fair and consistent price for TIPM installation services. But please note that if the real problem turns out to reside elsewhere in the vehicle, additional diagnostic services may apply for which the installer will advise you of such charge estimates before they are incurred. In such cases the Installer can also facilitate returning an unneeded TIPM to MAKS promptly to minimize any MAKS TIPM rental charges and maximize your refund.
- At your request, the installer can take care of sending in your core (old TIPM) to MAKs to promptly receive you core buyback refund.
- Have promised to MAKS their commitment to full transparency and honesty in how they treat their customers. Please note that this referral service is provided for convenience only. MAKS can not warrant the actual performance of referred installers.
Choose an Installer / Mechanic near you.
No results found in this location. Please try again.
Report out of date or obsolete Installer information